Time To Pet takes data security and user privacy extremely seriously. This page provides information on GDPR, details on how Time To Pet is complying with GDPR, and instructions on how to make a request under the new GDPR regulations.
What is GDPR?
In 2016, the European Commission approved and adopted the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR provides a legal and regulatory framework that defines a business responsibilities when it comes to handling and protecting its user's privacy. It introduces significant changes for any business that handles the data of a EU citizen. It comes into effect on May 25, 2018. For more information regarding the GDPR, we recommend reviewing the data provided by the UK Information Commission Office and you can read the full text of the GDPR here.
Does the GDPR impact you?
The GDPR is an expansive law that affects any company that stores personally identifiable information of any EU citizen. This protection is for EU citizens and data does not need to be necessarily collected in the EU.
How is Time To Pet Preparing For GDPR?
Time To Pet is fully committed to GDPR compliance. While we have always taken data security, data integrity and data accessibility extremely seriously, the GDPR regulation has provided an opportunity to review our data processes, procedures and practices. Some examples:
- A comprehensive review of areas of our business and our product that may be impacted by GDPR.
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee, advise on and manage our data management.
- We have built a set of internal processes to document how Time To Pet as a company handles, stores and protect private information.
- Employ stringent security practices and frameworks to ensure we are doing everything possible to protect your data.
- We are coordinating with our 3rd party vendors and integrations to determine their GDPR compliance.
- We are building new features to quickly honor valid requests (right to be forgotten, right to export data and all other requests) from an EU citizen under GDPR.
What can you do to prepare?
The GDPR is an important piece of legislature. If you have any customers that are EU citizens, we would recommend familiarizing yourself with the GDPR regulations. You may want to also speak with your lawyer regarding any steps you need to take to become GDPR compliant.
Contacting Time To Pet About GDPR
You can Contact Us at anytime with questions about GDPR, our compliance or to make an official request under the new GDPR requirements.
To make an official request under GDPR please use the above mentioned contact form and clearly state that you are submitting a GDPR request and what you would like in regards to your personal data.