In this article
In order to prevent making accidental changes to an invoice that has already been seen by your clients, Time To Pet will automatically lock an invoice in the following two cases:
- The invoice has been emailed directly to the client.
- The invoice has a payment applied to it.
As an example, if a client pays $100 for an Invoice and the next day a $20 service is added, this would move the Invoice from 'Paid' to 'Past Due'. Many companies would rather this visit be added to a new invoice instead, and auto-locking makes it really easy to do that. A locked invoice can still have payments applied and is still visible to clients in their portal (until it has been paid in full); however, no other changes can be made to the invoice while locked.
Unlocking An Invoice
Invoices can be unlocked at any time.
Unlocking from the Scheduler
When a locked invoice is loaded on your Scheduler a "Locked" button will be shown in the top right corner:
Click on this button to unlock the invoice.
Unlocking/Locking From Invoice Editor
While editing an invoice, you can unlock or lock it at any time.
- Edit the invoice in question.
- Scroll to the bottom of the invoice and look for the Lock/Unlock button.
- Click this button. If the invoice is currently locked, the button will display “Unlock Invoice”. If the invoice is currently unlocked, the button with display “Lock Invoice”.
Preventing Auto Invoice Locking
If you would prefer your invoices to not lock automatically you can easily disable this setting.
- Using the sidebar navigation select “Settings”.
- Click on “Invoice” in the sidebar.
- You can disable/enable auto-locking when emails are emailed and when a payment is applied.
- Don’t forget to Save your changes.