Third Party Calendar Integrations
Time To Pet supports integration with many third party calendars such as Apple iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook, Yahoo Calendar, and any provider that supports the iCalendar format. Each provider has a slightly different method for importing the Time To Pet calendars and we have provided links to the most common provider instructions. First we need to enable this feature (it is disabled by default) and determine how to retrieve the unique Calendar URL for your company and each staff member.
Enable Third Party Calendar Integrations
By default third party calendar integrations are not enabled. To enable this feature:
- Access the Scheduler Configuration (must be an Administrator) by clicking on the Settings link in the left sidebar and then clicking on the Scheduler link.
- Locate the option labelled “Calendar Integration“.
- Change “Calendar Integration” to Enabled and save the changes.
Access The Company Calendar
The company Calendar URL is located in the same place that we enabled the third party integrations.
Click the button labelled “ Calendar Sync Instructions“. A new container will appear with the unique Company Calendar URL. This is the URL used when importing into your Calendar Provider.
Accessing Staff Calendars
Staff members can access their unique Calendar URL by visiting the “ My Schedule” page. If “Calendar Integration” has been enabled there will be a button labelled “Calendar Integration“. Clicking this button will launch a popup with the unique URL for your Calendar.
Third Party Provider Integration Instructions
Google Calendar: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37100?hl=en
Yahoo Calendar: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22051.html#cont4 (Look for the "Follow Other Calendars" section)
Outlook: The instructions vary for each Outlook version but this video should give you a good idea on how to add the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9x6qUR5UE
Outlook.com: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-or-subscribe-to-a-calendar-in-Outlook-com-cff1429c-5af6-41ec-a5b4-74f2c278e98c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US (Scroll down and click to expand "Subscribe To A Calendar")
A Note About Third Party Calendar Integrations
- The Time To Pet calendars that are imported into your third party provider are read only.
- It is up to your provider to refresh the calendar. Some providers refresh more often than others, some providers allow you to configure how often the refresh happens, and some do not.
- The iCalendar format provides no method to provide an authentication mechanism around each Calendar URL. Please do not share your unique Calendar URL with anyone you do not want to have access to your calendar.