Automatic Weekend Fees
Time To Pet can be configured to automatically apply additional fees to a service that is scheduled on the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). For example, you can set each service to charge an additional 10% to any visit scheduled on the weekend.
Configuring Weekend Fees
- Navigate to Services.
- Create a new service or edit an existing service.
- Click on the "Auto Fees" tab.
- Change "Weekend Fees Enabled?" to "Yes, I Charge Extra on Weekends".
5. Adjust the rate charged to your client and the rate paid out to staff.
6. Click "Save Changes" button.
Weekend Fee Charged To Client - How much to charge your clients for services that are on weekends. This can be a flat dollar amount or a percentage of the standard service charge.
Staff Rate For Weekend - How much to pay your staff for a weekend visit. This can also be a flat dollar amount or a percentage of the fee the client pays for the weekend visit fee.
Applying Weekend Fees
Once you have configured weekend fees, Time To Pet will automatically apply them to all visits scheduled on Saturday or Sunday. You can, however, manually change the fee on a visit by visit basis or manually remove/add the fee.
When editing a visit the weekend fee will be listed under the "Extras" section:
Any change you make here will be reflected on the invoice immediately after saving your change.
- Weekend fees charged to the client will be shown as a separate line item on the client's invoice.
- After hours fees stack with weekend fees. If both after hours and weekend fees are enabled and a visit is scheduled outside of work hours on a weekend, both fees will be applied.
- Percentage based client fees will be calculated based on the amount of the primary service and will use the dollar amount of the invoice item for this primary service.
- This means that anything that affects the primary service's price such as manually editing the line item, frequency based discounts, and customized rates for the client will be taken into account before calculating percentage charged for weekend fee.
- Add on services are not taken into account for % based rate calculation.
You can create custom after hours rates for staff members. Check out our help article on Staff Pay Rates for more.