Automatic After Hours Fees
Time To Pet can be configured to automatically apply additional fees to a service that is scheduled outside of your normal working hours. For example, you can set each service up to charge an additional 10% to any visit before 7AM or after 7PM.
Configuring After Hours Fees
- Navigate to Services.
- Create a new service or edit an existing service.
- Click on the 'Auto Fees' tab.
Change "After Hours Enabled?" to "Yes, I Charge Extra After Hours Fees"
5. Adjust your work hours, the rate charged to your client, and the rate paid out to staff.
6. Click "Save Changes" button.
Work Hours - These are the hours that are your normal operating hours. Any visit that starts outside of your work hours will be charged the additional after hours fees. If your work hours are 7AM - 7PM, a visit that goes from 6:30PM to 7:30PM will not be charged an after hours fee, but a visit from 7:15PM - 7:45PM will.
Additional Fee Charged To Client - How much to charge your clients for services that start outside of work hours. This can be a flat dollar amount or a percentage of the standard service charge.
Staff Rate For After Hours - How much to pay your staff for an after hours visit. This can also be a flat dollar amount or a percentage of the after hours fee.
Applying After Hours Fees
Once you have configured after ours fees, Time To Pet will automatically apply them to all visits scheduled outside of work hours. You can however manually change the fee on a visit by visit basis or manually remove/add the fee.
When editing a visit, the after hours fee will be listed under the "Extras" section:
Any change you make here will be reflected on the Invoice immediately after saving your change.
- After hours fees charged to the client will be shown as a separate line item on the client's Invoice.
- After hours fees stack with weekend fees. If both after hours and weekend fees are enabled and a visit is scheduled outside of work hours on a weekend, both fees will be applied.
- Percentage based client fees will be calculated based on the amount of the primary service and will use the dollar amount of the invoice item for this primary service.
- This means that anything that affects the primary service's price such as manually editing the line item, frequency based discounts, and customized rates for the client will be taken into account before calculating percentage charged for the after hours fee.
- Add on services are not taken into account for % based rate calculation.
You can create custom after hours rates for staff members. Check out our help article on Staff Pay Rates for more.