Mobile App Configuration
The Time To Pet mobile application allows your staff members to perform their services quickly and efficiently. The application is streamlined to provide your staff with the correct information at the correct time. As an administrator, you can configure time tracking and GPS tracking and optionally share this information to clients. For more information on how to view this information, see Viewing Time Tracking And GPS Data.
In This Article
Mobile Application Configuration
Time To Pet supports the ability to track time and GPS via our mobile apps. You can enable time and GPS tracking and optionally share that data with clients here.
When enabled, Time Tracking will require your staff members to check in at the beginning of the visit and check out at the end. A timestamp will be recorded at both the beginning and the end allowing you to verify the duration of the visit. This information can optionally be shared with the client.
When enabled, GPS Tracking will also record your staff member’s location at the beginning and end of a visit. From the Time To Pet website, these coordinates will then be displayed on a map for precise location tracking. This information can also optionally be shared with the client.
Note: GPS Tracking requires Time Tracking be enabled.
GPS Route Tracking
Going one step further GPS Route Tracking with track your staff member’s exact location for the entire duration of the visit. This allows your staff member’s entire route to be plotted on a map. This information will be shared with Clients only if you elect to also show GPS Tracking information to the client.
Note: GPS Route Tracking requires GPS Tracking to be enabled. GPS Route Tracking is battery intensive and can quickly drain your phone's battery if used for many hours throughout the day.
Enable Time & GPS Tracking
- Login to your dashboard.
- Using the sidebar navigation select “Settings”.
- Clink on the link labeled "Configuration" in the Mobile App section.
- Change the Time Tracking Enabled option to Yes.
- If you wish to also share this information with your clients, make sure “Show Clients Time Tracking” is also set to Yes.
- If you wish to enable GPS Tracking, change “GPS Tracking Enabled” to Yes.
- If you also wish to share GPS data with clients, change “Show Clients GPS Tracking” to Yes.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Enable GPS Route Tracking
It often does not make sense to track the route of a visit for every service type. For example, on Overnight sitting you would want to leave this disabled but possibly enable it for Dog Walking. For this reason GPS Route Tracking is configurable on a service by service basis. By default, it is disabled for all services.
- Make sure that “GPS Tracking Enabled” is set to Yes.
- Find and edit a service that you want to enable GPS Route Tracking for.
- Change “GPS Route Tracking” to Enabled.
- Click the Save Changes button for the service.
A Note About GPS Tracking And Privacy
Time To Pet provides the ability to optionally track your staff member’s location; however, it is important that you are aware of and follow any local, state and/or federal laws around the information you collect and potentially share with others. Time To Pet is not liable if you are in violation of any laws in regards to the information collected.